Saturday, April 2, 2011

Drum Roll Please

Saturday morning weigh in.....

27 pounds!!!!!!!!!!

Am I happy? Hells yeah!! If I didn't have severe osteoarthritis in my knee I'd be doing a moon walk right now!

And to think that 2 week stall I had the week after surgery would never end.

For once in my life I'm not on a diet, counting calories or points or subscribing to Nutrisystem et al. Not that there's anything wrong with Nutrisystem, none of that worked for me, but now I can't overeat if I wanted to!

I made the ultimate sacrifice to end the madness once and for all and I'm the happiest I've ever been. EVER!

I haven't had any bread since February 22, 2011, the day before surgery and I don't miss it.

As I think back, I wish I had done this years ago, but I do believe in God and that God has a plan for all of us. I really don't think I would have had the guts to go through WL surgery several years ago because the timing wasn't right. I also think I have a guardian angel and he's my dad who I love and miss so very much. I'll bet he had a hand in this as well.

On the other hand, I have to stop thinking of the past and move forward with the future. I was fired from a job because of my weight. My new supervisor apparently didn't like heavy women who dressed and looked better than her, and it didn't take much to pry it out of her either, while she never actually came out and said it, she came within a hair of close, that was enough for me. Let's face it, fat people are more discriminated against than anyone, at least in my opinion. When I had my annual review at this company I was let go from, the manager of the department I worked in also didn't like me, most of his hires were pretty girls who were young, had nice legs and wore short skirts, I was transferred to his department while he was out on leave, so when my annual review came up, I sat down with this manager and instead of talking to me about it, he threw it across the desk at me.

Oh and he was senior management. So fucking professional.

It hurt. It hurt a lot but he never saw the hurt because I walked out of his office with my dignity and my head held high.

So the day I was fired, I also walked out of there with my head held high and never looked back. All those conversations I had with the HR department were useless because they defended the idiots. And then I found out that the HR department was outsourced and of course they defended the managers I complained about, they didn't want to lose their gig!

Life goes on. My father taught me to brush bullcrap like this off my back and walk away, and I do.

Today I'm ecstatic! Have a happy Saturday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment