Thursday, April 14, 2011

I Want More But My Sleeve is too Small!

I made another yummy dinner tonight that I want to share with you. It involves chicken, because you can never have too many chicken recipes and it involves tomatoes - the San Marzano kind and for the carb eaters, some whole wheat Rotini pasta. The chicken came out so yummydelicious that I think everyone should make this dish if not just once in your life:

Oh, and P.S. I am going to try to buy a camera this weekend! Yaokay!

Chicken Roll Ups with Tomato Sauce

5 Chicken cutlets
5 pieces of proscuitto
4 ounces of Fontina cheese, grated
1 fat clove of garlic minced
1 small onion, minced
2 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon of butter
1/4 tsp. of chili flakes (optional)
salt and pepper
Toothpicks

Pound out each chicken breast until flat, add a slice of proscuitto and about 1/2 ounce of cheese (a little more than a tablespoonful), roll and close with a toothpick. Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil and butter in a pan and when hot, place chicken rollups in and cook until brown on all sides. I did not need more oil for this. When cooked, set aside. **Warning, these will not be cooked through.

In the same pan, add the other tablespoon of olive oil, then add onion, garlic and chili flakes and cook until fragrant. Add can of tomatoes and cook for about 5 minutes on low heat, then place the chicken back in and cook covered for about 10-20 minutes on low heat. You can add your salt and pepper before you take it off the heat or after or not at all. I used a little pepper but no salt.

I ate a piece of chicken with sauce and nothing else, and while I found it difficult to finish the entire cutlet, I was disappointed because I wanted to finish it! I guess old habits die hard.

I was happy I didn't have any pasta, I let my husband eat that!

A la prossima!

No comments:

Post a Comment