Thursday, April 28, 2011

My Bad

I know it's been a while since I posted anything, but my life has been so very busy that I need an administrative assistant to keep my calendar and keep me on the right track!

I survived Easter despite the fact that I cheated, and I'm totally okay with that because the difference is I didn't eat 9,000 calories that day. I ate breakfast, which always consists of one egg omelet with 1 skinny slice of cheese, had a yogurt for lunch and made individual Beef Wellington's with asparagus and roasted potatoes for dinner along with Lime Cheesecake for dessert.

I get my beef tenderloin from Costco and usually have the butcher cut it into chops, so after preparing it, adding minced, cooked mushrooms and wrapping it in puff pastry it comes out to about the size of my hand (6 inches from wrist to middle finger) and about 2 inches high. I could only eat half of it, ate the equivalent of one asparagus spear and 2 small wedges of potatoes. I was full and happy. Then later that evening, I had a small slice of cheesecake with coffee and was done eating for the day. Two days later, I got on the scale to see if anything happened and I lost one more pound! This proves the theory that even though I don't eat very many carbs, I can still indulge every so often without falling off the proverbial wagon.

I even started going back to the gym, and much to my surprise I did 10 minutes on the Elliptical and walked off of it without any pain in my knee, so I pushed it even further... bad idea! I got on the stationery bicycle and could only do 5 minutes before excruciating pain set in! No more bicycle for me until I lose more weight or the pain just goes away! I also worked out with some weights and all together I spent 35 minutes there and I know the more I go, the longer my workouts will be. I can't wait for that to happen!!

Unfortunately, I have a few doctor's appointments tomorrow and Friday so can't get back there until Saturday and I think I'll go there very early to get a head start and a free Elliptical!

I'm also really trying not to base my weight loss success on what the scale says because as we all know muscle weighs more than fat, and when I start seeing the weight of muscle on the scale it makes me neurotic, so the only time I'll weigh myself is once a week and keep an open mind.

I'm going to try some new recipes this weekend and will share once I do. Other than that I'm bogged down with homework, family business and in my neck of the woods we are experiencing days on end cloudy weather and humidity. It doesn't help my psyche.

Until then...


A la prossima!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like things are going well for you! SO good to hear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, my first comment! Thank you! The more I work out, the better I'm feeling!

    ReplyDelete