Monday, April 11, 2011

Just Kvetching

I've been having some discomfort lately and I have to get to the bottom of this soon. It seems whenever I eat, I have hunger pangs about 30 minutes later, and they seem to last for several hours. I try to drink water or iced tea in hopes that it goes away but it just gets worse, and I know it's not hunger because I'm full! I couldn't get anymore food in me if I wanted to!

I was almost tempted to go to a VSG message board VSG that I began frequenting pre and post op for a while, but it seems whenever I ask a question there, I get little to no response. I won't even say the name of this site because generally it's a good site, but I don't get as much support as I need from it, so I'll just wait to ask my surgeon when I see him on Tuesday.

I've lost not a pound this week, but it sure seems like my clothes are getting even bigger so what's up with the friggin' scale then? Again, not doing anything different as far as what I consume goes, I am still eating between 600-800 calories a day, watching my salt and fat intake, blah, blah, blah. I've even been going out, walking around (as best as I can with a cane), trying to get some exercise in.... and nothing. I hate my body. Hate it. Hate it. Hate it!

And since I'm here pouring my heart out to anyone who will listen, I did make a white bean dip this weekend which is low carb, protein laden and tasty! I found this recipe on the Weight Watcher's site but have altered it to suit my tastes and make it my very own. I haven't had any of it yet, but I did taste it and it's definitely a hit.

White Bean Dip

1 can Canellini beans
Juice of half a small lemon, about a tablespoon
1 tbsp. lemon zest
1/3 c. of green pepper, diced
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. dried basil
Salt and pepper to taste

Use whatever you have, a blender, immersion blender, Ninja or Magic Bullet and whiz until smooth. Let sit in the fridge for about an hour before consuming.

I plan on having some this afternoon for lunch with sliced cucumber and grape tomatoes.

I'm also going take a moment to thank the Gods in heaven because since I've had surgery, the little "gassy" problem I used to have is gone! I'm not a huge meat eater and the alternatives have always left me feeling a bit bloated, but since surgery, I am finding that I can eat beans, tofu, etc., and not suffer the repercussions. It's totally a good thing!

Well, need to get my to-do list in order and make something of this day.

A la Prossima!

No comments:

Post a Comment