Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Finals, School, Bleechhhh!

It's been difficult for me to get here these days and the reason being is that I am a non-traditional student (meaning I'm older than the average student), I go to a 2-year community college, this is my last week of classes and I have finals next week! Needless to say I'm under stress, I want to eat the world (because I'm not just a volume eater, I'm also a stress eater) and those damn 2 pounds I keep losing keep coming back! WTF is up with that?? Just when I think, "Yeah Mama, I'm off my stall!" The next day the scale goes up 2 pounds. Do I throw the scale out the window? Put a "free" sign on it and put it outside my front door? Or throw it against the concrete wall in my backyard as a form of punishment for not cooperating as it should? I am sooooo frustrated!

Saturday I went to a party at a friend's house, and I drank alcohol for the first time since my surgery 11 weeks ago. The weird thing is pre-surgery whenever I went to a party, I'd walk in, say hi and hit the buffet table and continue to stuff myself the entire evening. This time I walked in, said hi, talked and talked and 1 1/2 hours passed before I noticed the buffet table, and by that time I was getting a little hungry. I grabbed a plate and glanced over the table and here is a list of what I put on my plate:

A little bit of salad with a piece of a grilled chicken strip.
A small spoonful from a chicken, broccoli and pasta dish
A deviled egg
A small spoonful from a rice and shrimp dish
2 mini quiche's
A piece of cheddar cheese

I ate:

The grilled chicken strip, left the salad
The deviled egg
The cheese
One piece of shrimp, left the rice
One piece of chicken with broccoli, left the pasta
The inside of one mini quiche, tossed the other one.

WTF? I ate nothing but protein! Someone stole my mind and is making me eat different now!

I also had a few drinks! Now it's my understanding that with VSG, you drink, get drunk on one drink and the buzz goes away fast. At least that's what I've heard from others. No, not me. I drank a little bit of wine, it was delicious, I finished it - nothing. I had another glass, finished it - still nothing. Later in the evening I had two shots of cinnamon vodka (not at the same time!) - still nothing! What is wrong with me why can't I even get a buzz?? I am so weird!

Anyway, I'll return after my finals. I'm getting a headache just thinking of having to study for it…

Later folks!

A la prossima!

No comments:

Post a Comment